Maintenance Periodontal Disease in Randolph
It only takes twenty four hours for plaque that is not removed from your teeth to turn into tartar! Daily home cleaning helps control plaque and tartar formation, but those hard to reach areas will always need special attention.
Once your periodontal treatment has been completed, your dentist and dental hygienist will recommend that you have regular maintenance cleanings (periodontal cleanings), usually four times a year. At these cleaning appointments, the pocket depths will be carefully checked to ensure that they are healthy. Plaque and calculus that is difficult for you to remove on a daily basis will be removed from above and below the gum line.
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Examination of tooth decay: Check all tooth surfaces for decay.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, cheek tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Oral hygiene recommendations: Review and recommend oral hygiene aids as needed. (Electric toothbrushes, special periodontal brushes, fluorides, rinses, etc.)
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
Good oral hygiene practices and periodontal cleanings are essential in maintaining dental health and keeping periodontal disease under control!
at 888-670-4643 at your earliest convenience.
- Cleanings "&" Prevention
Dental Exams "&" Cleanings, Dental X-Rays, Home Care, Bruxism
- Cosmetic Dentistry
Dental Implants, Composite Fillings, Porcelain Crowns (Caps), Porcelain Fixed Bridges, Porcelain Inlays, Porcelain Onlays, Porcelain Veneers, Teeth Whitening, Teeth Bonding
- Periodontal Disease
Diagnosis, Treatment, Maintenance
Amalgam Fillings, Composite Fillings, Crowns (Caps), Dental Implants, Dentures "&" Partial Dentures, Fixed Bridges, Inlay Restorations, Onlay Restorations, Root Canal Therapy
|Monday||10am - 7pm|
|Friday||Hygienist available by appointment only.|
|Office is closed but we do have on call staff to handle questions, concerns or emergencies.|